Mark W. Lorimer
Phone: 949.366.6700 - Fax: 949.366.6080
Short Bullet Summary
Education: Northwestern University -- B.S. Communications 1982; Fordham University - J.D. 1987; Admitted- NY 1988
Dewey Ballantine LLP (Partner 1995-1996), (Associate 1989-1995)
Fordham University Graduate Business School Adjunct Faculty (classes in securities transactions) (1992-1993)
- Corporate Department, Securities and Securitization Practice Groups - Client concentration: securitization finance industry -- warehouse lenders, finance companies, bond insurers, underwriters, servicers, conduits (issuers), and trustees.
- Served as "corp. fin. guy" for highly specialized Securitization Practice Group handling M&A, public bonds, IPO matters, partnership arrangements, and compliance and outside general counsel tasks.
- Served on firm legal development and opinion policy committees.
Autobytel Inc. (NASDAQ: ABTL(E)) (President and CEO -6/98-12/01); (EVP and COO 5/97-5/98); (VP and GC 12/96-5/97).
American Electronics Association (AEA) National Director "at large" for two consecutive two-year terms (1999-2002)
- Led private financings totaling $53 million from strategic investors in U.S. and overseas (1997-1998).
- Raised $32 million in European private financing for Autobytel Europe holding company (2000) and led financings totaling $40 million in connection with establishment of Autobytel affiliates and licensees in nine countries: Japan, Korea, Australia, UK, Spain, Netherlands, Sweden, Canada and France.
- 1999 IPO.
- Led Autobytel to 60-70% market share, competitors included Microsoft, Cendant, AutoNation, CarsDirect, Autoweb, Kelley Blue Book, Edmund's, all auto manufacturers, Classified Ventures, Autotrader (Cox).
- Created alliances, partnerships, customer and vendor relationships with Intel, Microsoft, General Motors, Ford, General Electric, Gallerie Lafayette, Pon Holdings, Itochu, Recruit, Intec, Transcosmos, Orient Corporation, AIG, General Electric and all major Internet companies.
- Autobytel named 27th fastest growing technology company in U.S. over five-year period by Deloitte & Touche.
- Acquired Autoweb Inc. (NASDAQ: AWEB) in 2001, company's largest competitor as well as smaller competitor and technology companies (2000, 2001). Patent No. 6,282,517 issued for Internet transmission of sales leads (2001).
Alchemy Business Group, Inc. (President 2002- )
Family Married (Mamie) 15 years; four children ages 3-12.
Contact me for more information.